International Year of Volunteers Plus 10 Advisory Group Terms of Reference
During 2011, the International Year of Volunteering Plus 10 (IYV+10) Advisory Group will advise the Minister for Social Inclusion on:
- The development of the National Volunteering Strategy
- In particular, the Advisory Group will provide feedback on how the Strategy may impact on the volunteer sector and host organisations.
- Celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the International Year of Volunteering, including:
- providing implementation advice on Commonwealth led activities and initiatives;
- performing an advocacy and coordination role in relation to IYV+10 activities;
- alerting the Minister to additional opportunities for Commonwealth involvement as they arise throughout 2011.
- Where the Government can best direct its support in the future to volunteers and volunteering.
- Advise the Government on the not-for-profit sector reforms that impact on volunteering.
The Advisory Group has met twice since it was established, on 16 February 2011 and 30 March 2011.